Follow by Email

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Why I Can't Vote for Obama

Those of you who follow my Townhall.com blog (theuseofreason.blogtownhall.com) will know that I have officially endorsed Barack Obama for president. It's not that I think he'll do a good job. Oh no, he'll mess us over like never before! However, I think America needs to be reminded just how bad untethered Liberalism truly is.

It's kind of like the classic Christian dilemma. We want Jesus to return, but for that to happen, we know a lot of bad things will have to happen first. We're not anxiously waiting for the appearance of the Antichrist, but for the glory to follow. That's kind of how I feel about Obama.

Just as I'm not advocating that we all sin as much as possible to hurry the Second Coming, neither can I conscientiously cast a ballot for Barack Obama. We need him to win, so we will return to our roots as a nation. That said, I won't vote for him.

Weird, huh?

I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. A number of my Conservative friends have voiced similar opinions. I hope he wins, but I'm also afraid of what he'll do to us. It's a similar feeling to going in for a colonoscopy. You know you need to do it, but you also know it won't be a pleasant afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please share your opinion...